Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ugh! Life keeps getting in the way of my gardening

I was going to plant this weekend.  Really.

My daughter had a birthday party.  We spent the morning getting ready for an invasion of 10 tweeners.  We finished cleaning up around 2:00.  I went out to the car to go to the hardware store to pick up a few last items I needed and the my wife's car wouldn't start.  Blah.

We called the mechanic and set up an appointment.  The car is 11 years old and owes us nothing.  We've been thinking about getting a replacement for a while, but have been putting it off because we generally drive our cars until their last dying breath.  After this breakdown, the latest in a series, we decided we should probably get serious about our car research and narrow down the field of what we're interested in.  So after I returned from the hardware store, we went to a couple of dealerships to check out a few models.

By the time we got back to the house, we needed to get the kids to bed and it was too late to garden.  I don't work in the yard on Sundays, so nothing got planted outside this weekend.

My indoor-sown tomatoes are getting too big for the lamps I have and I really need to get them in the ground soon.  I may try to plant them one of the evenings this week, after I get home from work.

I'll keep you informed.

No comments: